Classical Tantric Yoga 8 Week Course
Time & Location
About the Event
An 8 week course in Classical Tantric Yoga, from the Kaula Lineage. Designed as a progression of both philosophy and practice with a committed group of students.
Upfront payment of $320 or weekly direct debit of $45
Every Monday evening from March 2nd to April 27th - except Easter Monday April 13th
- March 2
- March 9
- March 16
- March 23
- March 30
- April 6
- April 20
- April 27
TIME: 6pm to 8.30pm: Mondays (2 hours & 30 mins class) NOTE: While 2.5hours seems a long session mid-week, each week we practice a beautiful tantric Yoga sequence that is deeply relaxing with a long guided meditation shavasana.
We will explore Tantric practice, philosophy & cosmology. Including a sophisticated and powerful yoga system, ancient micro-meditations and understanding the power of pranayama (breathwork) and Bandhas (energy locks) and the subtle energy body including Chakras and Nadis. These Tantric systems are expertly designed to unblock and balance your fundamental energy system and bring you back to your original state of being.
Some take-home readings or practices will be given each week.
- 1.5 hours of GUIDED YOGA SEQUENCE most weeks: Pure Tantric form using an integrated system of asana, pranayama, bandha and guided meditation.
- PRANAYAMA: Exploring the practice & understanding of traditional powerful Pranayama - breathwork
- TANTRIC MICRO-MEDITATIONS: Working through meditations rom the classic Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra text.
- BANDHAS: Detailed instruction and practice. Progressively learning over 8 weeks how to unlock and activate your energy centres culminating in Maha Bandha.
- CHAKRAS: Understanding and working with the true classical chakra systems created by Tantrics.
- GODDESS HONOURING: Ceremonial dedication and group meditations to the Mahavidyas, particularly the Tantrik Goddesses, Kali & Chinnamasta, using YANTRA and MANTRA.
- PHILOSOPHY DISCUSSION: We will explore a deeper understanding of tantric philosophy from classical sources of Kashmir Shaivism with some take-home readings including:
- Kasmir Shaivism
- Shiva/Shakti cosmology
- Kundalini, Chakras, Nadis (activation of energy body)
- System of Tantric Yoga - explanation & symbolism
We will be accessing the work of modern scholars like Christopher Wallis and Chris Tompkins as well as traditional Tantriks like Abhinavagupta and other classical tantrik texts.
THE PHILOSOPHY is a timeless and clear understanding of this Universe and the reality you are experiencing.
TANTRIK PRACTICES are a sophisticated science to bring your body/being back into a more original state to experience this world as it truly is and to enable kundalini activation, the powerful Shakti/source power, usually dormant, in every human.
The KAULA TANTRA yoga sequence that we will be exploring each week has been handed down through generations of Kaula Tantra ācāryas (teachers) and I believe it is one of the oldest sequences still in existence. This is the original form and meaning of yoga as evidence suggests that Tantrics of the Natha lineage created the system that evolved into our modern yoga. This yoga is an ancient 'slowform' system using a beautiful integration of traditional yoga asana (poses), pranayama (breathwork) and guided meditation. By practising this system on a regular basis it expertly balances your 5 energetic elements while bringing you into a deep 'theta brainwave' state to remap your unconscious patterns.
Gabriel Sol is a qualified teacher in this Traditional ‘Kaula’ Tantric system of Yoga, training in one of the last remaining traditional Kaula Tantra schools in India, where he was initiated in a traditional environment.